We would like to first collect all petitions in Holyoke and then send them ourselves to Boston. This is so we can prove we have enough petitions!
However, before 5 p.m. Wednesday, December 6, petitions certified by town clerks (with the signatures of 3 voter registrars) must arrive at this address: Elections Division, Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, 1 Ashburton Place, Room 1705, Boston, MA 02108
How to Return Petitions
- Check our current list of towns for drop off to see if there is a coordinator, or a coordinator who needs help that can collect petitions: https://lasttreelaws.com/2023/11/towns-with-coordinator/
- If not, you can help! Volunteer to coordinate collection from a certain town using:
- our online form: https://share.mayfirst.org/apps/forms/s/M6izDLo8jT667iY7ZzWqqmq5
- Join a conference call to ask – calls are listed at the calendar which also has sign up instructions. We use freeconferencecalling.com, which also has a desktop app.
- You can send the petitions individually. Here are the very last minute due dates and mailing addresses for petitions that have voter signatures verified by 3 voter registrars, as required:
- BEST: Arrival 5 December 2023 or better EARLIER for proof and for count: Petition, c/o Kirstin Beatty, 149 Central Pk Dr, Holyoke, MA 01040
- SECOND BEST: Arrive before 5 p.m. on 6 December 2023: Elections Division, Office of the Secretary of the Commonwealth, 1 Ashburton Place, Room 1705, Boston, MA 02108
- The dates for mailing are the same as above.