Please call your legislator and ask that a word be put in for H. 105 – 114 and against S. 54 & H. 124 with the Joint Committee of Advanced IT (chairs Finegold & Campbell) — and to find out the status of these bills. Committees finalize decisions 2 February.
If possible, send an original letter to the editor before 25 January to a newspaper (suggestions here) supporting H. 105 – 114 & against wireless expansion generally.
S. 54 is sponsored by the committee chairs and a member, who may have been deceived by industry of 5G safety. The bill would:
- Require a rollout of 5G by 2024
- Penalize municipalities 10% of the previous tax year’s receipts if:
- Reported by industry as blocking 5G
- Found guilty by the DPU (which tends to favor industry
Maybe the MA joint committee on advanced IT will stop this and other 5G & IT expansion bills, since it heard testimony on 13 October for H. 105-114 to limit:
- wireless dangers
- privacy concerns in schools (H. 106)
- excess screen time in public schools (H. 107)
For more on bills H. 105-114, please see the MA legislation page and look at the bars for wireless and schools.
H. 124 is a bill to create a task force for industry and legislators to work together to support 5G.