New Hampshire Report Supports Restricting Wireless
By Kirstin Beatty on 31 October 2020
A New Hampshire commission has released a report recommending that wireless expansion be reversed on the basis of public health.
The recommendations include migrating schools and public libraries away from wireless, providing health warnings, mapping and labeling cell towers, and adopting policies to hard-wire communications.
Some of the recommendations by the commission, such as setbacks from cell towers, reflect measures included in ordinances across the nation designed to limit 5G cell towers.
In Massachusetts, towns such as Cambridge, Burlington, and Worcester have adopted new ordinances to regulate new technologies like small cell towers, but many other municipalities question the right to set requirements.
To protect residents more universally, the New Hampshire Commission recommends state-wide laws to regulate cell towers. The trick is to make sure state-wide laws are strong and protective. States such as Connecticut have enacted state-wide regulations that weaken, instead of strengthen, local zoning protection.
The commission was initially formed after passage of NH bill HB 522 written by Rep. Abrami, which he wrote after investigating the concerns of resident Deb Hodgdon. The commission’s finding are the result of a months-long investigation by an independent state commission including:
- Paul Héroux, PhD, a scientist in the electromagnetic field
- University of New Hampshire electrical and computer chair specializing in electromagnetics, Kent Chamberlain, PhD
- 5 legislators, including:
- former physicians Dr. Sherman and Dr. Woods, a retired surgeon
- Rep. Abrami, industrial engineer,
- Rep. Ken Wells, formerly math & science teacher,
- Sen. James Gray, naval engineer
- Bedford Town Councilor Denise Ricciardi
- two industry representatives, Bethanne Cooley (CTIA) and David Juvett (Business and Wireless Association);
- Brandon Garrod, Esq., from the Attorney General’s office;and
- state agency representatives:
- Michele Roberge (health) and
- Carol Miller (business).
Of the commission members, two industry representatives and Senator James Gray, a former naval engineer, opted to write an opposing report reflecting industry views.
Full recommendations of the commission can be found online as the Final Report of the Commission to Study the Environmental and Health Effects of Evolving 5G Technology (HB 522, Chapter 260, Laws of 2019, RSA12-K:12-1).
Many recommendations reflect original legislation I prepared in previous years and submitted through my state legislators for Massachusetts: legislation to hard-wire public libraries, restrict school wireless, invest in hard-wiring infrastructure, register cell towers, and educate medical professionals and patients. However, the Massachusetts General Court has done nothing despite a decade of education and bills while New Hampshire immediately passed a bill for an investigation the year it was filed.
A summary of the New Hampshire recommendations is listed below, as well as links to presentations.
- Resolution for US Congress to require FCC to conduct an independent study into mitigation and health effects.
- Require appropriate NH agencies provide health warnings, particularly for newborns, pregnant women, and youth.
- Label every small cell tower antenna, in such a way as to be legible 9 feet away.
- Migrate schools and public libraries away from wireless.
- Measure radiation at all facilities, repeating at every instance of software or other relevant change, with costs borne by the site installer.
- Improving accuracy of cellular radiation.
- Setbacks from businesses, schools, private citizens.
- Upgrade the educational offerings of home inspectors to include private measurements.
- Map state-wide measurements.
- Require cellphone software to prevent radiation when held against the body.
- Adopt a state-wide position to hard-wire and use fiberoptic cables.
Use warning signs in buildings. Establish safe zones in hospitals, state, and commercial buildings for refuge, especially for those sensitive to exposures.
- Engage scientists with ecological knowledge to establish measures to protect nature.
- Legislate that the FCC do a NEPA (environmental) evaluation of the state- and country-wide impact of wireless expansion.
The following are direct links to presentations given to the commission:
Theodora Scarato on policY
Dr. Devra Davis on health impacts of cellphone and other exposures
Dr. Carpenter- overview of science
The following are 2 examples of presentations recorded in the minutes – with notes to highlight some points:
Dr. Tim Schoechle, on policy
Dr. Paul Heroux on historical background of federal guidelines and scientific aspects, – notable points:
- History perspective:
- US guidelines were developed by 15 people, 10 being from the military.
- USAF exposure limits from 1960 survived more or less as the current US limits – at the time, lowering the exposure limits was considered antipatriotic due to use by military
- Soviets based exposure limits on nervous system disturbances, and differentiated limits between the public and military.
- 44% of the world has lower limits than the USA and most of the western world.
- Industry will want to change federal exposure limits to prevent 5G phones from being illegal
- 5G Necessity:
- Remote medicine can be accomplished with FioS, you do not need 5G
- 5G is not necessary for autonomous vehicles
- Wireless Properties & Effects:
- 5G mmW penetrate further than the UV waves from the sun
- 5G beam steering and focusing is a new aspect
- 5G beams can be narrowed to 3 to 10 degrees in width
- 5G frequency can change every 12.5 seconds
- Amplitude modulation, modulated by a person’s voice, of wireless and digital amounts to being hit, a pulsing, and has a more negative effect than analog which is more like a push.
- 5G will create more problematic noise (like static)
- Health impacts:
- altered enzyme activity, biochemical changes, oxidative changes (ROS), pathological cell changes, neuro-behavioral changes, DNA damage, altered gene instruction, brain wave changes [hundreds of research papers]
- cancer cells all react to wireless & other non-ionizing radiation
- most at risk: youth, brain, pancreas
Dr. Herman Kelter on 4G and 5G power densities and associated health effects, sample points:
- Manufacture of antennas may malfunction, increasing exposures
- With multiple transmitters in an enclosed space, meters understate the actual power density due to variations in space
- Pulsating, peak power of great concern
- 5G may lead to:
- temperature spikes and tissue damage in skin
- more adverse effect than recorded for 5G mmW frequencies due to combination of pulsing, data sending, and special phased array antennas
- Sommerfeld and Brillouin precursors are induced in the body, damaging cells and organs by moving charged particles [Albanese,R, Blaschak, J, Medina, R, Penn, J. “Ultrashort Electromagnetic Signals: Biophysical Questions, Page 13of 34Safety issues, and Medical Opportunities.” Aviation, Space, and Environmental Medicine. May 1994: A116-A120 (“Albanese May 1994”.; see also OMB No. 0704-0188 94-24875 AD-A282 990 dated Jan 90-Aug 93; Jakobsen PK and Masud Mansuripur. “On the Nature of the Sommerfeld-Brillouin Forerunners (or Precursors.” Quantum Studies: Mathematics and Foundations(November 8, 2019)]
- Bioweapon capability enhanced by targeted 5G beam, which envelopes user, by facial recognition software, and by ability to intensify beam using software – one known instance of wireless being used in past to injure Catholics in Northern Island in conjunction with investigation by Dr. Barrie Trower
- Associated with exposures:
- rising suicides and reduced mental health – Dr. Kelting suggests federal agencies have concealed this by removing the online federal data after he sent a letter informing of rising suicides
- brain damage to fetuses, miscarriages, cancer, children’s behavioral difficulties, ADHD, cancer of the brain, salivary gland, and breasts; leukemia, anxiety, depression, stress, sleep disturbances, reduction in melatonin, cataracts, inflammation; damage to the testes, sperm, blood brain barrier, DNA (damage through strand breaks), eyes, heart, thyroid hormones, electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EMH), damage to the autoimmune system, etc.