Scroll down please.
FOLDING petitions is OK (PER SECRETARY OF STATE).
ONLY REGISTERED MA VOTER SIGNATURES COUNT – Check your status here. Voters can be removed from rolls if failing to vote in 2 federal elections (4 years) and failing to respond to mailed confirmations.
DO NOT make ANY other marks. If you make a mistake, just use another line. DO NOT STRIKE, CORRECT, OR LINE MISTAKES. Extra marks, even coffee stains, underlining, doodles, et cetera, invalidate petitions.
- Only 1 town may be listed on a petition!
- Sign as registered and, if messy, print your name too.
- Print your street and number (and apt.# if any).
- Leave blank the ward and precinct (prec.).
- MARRIED — sign your own name (e.g. Mary Smith, not Mrs. John Smith).
- PHYSICALLY DISABLED only — may authorize another person to sign for you.
- Start a new sheet after a petition page is half filled to prevent accidents!
- TURN IN BY DEADLINE. Signature sheets must be turned in to town clerks before 5 p.m. 22 November (a Wednesday). Make sure they’re open!
- COLLECT VERIFIED PETITIONS AND RETURN – instructions here. Legally, clerks can keep sheets till 4 December but we need it sooner to send to the Secretary of State in Boston before the deadline which is 5 p.m. 6 December (also a Wednesday).