The following is an UPDATED model to ask state legislators to sponsor bills as listed under MA Legislation – make a phone call first!
Legislative contact information can be found at the MA legislature or Openstates. For Kirstin’s #, contact by email!
I’m following up to ask if you would like to be a lead or supporting sponsor on one or more bills to regulate wireless, many written by Last Tree Laws co-chair Kirstin Beatty of Holyoke. A summary of bills is listed in the attachments, details are online at Last Tree Laws under MA Legislation.
Research indicates wireless is extremely harmful to our health, environment, and even a factor in climate change (see links to educational resources in attachments below).
Champions and supporters are needed.
- sponsor or champion any of these bills?
- join other sponsors to support their existing bills?
- willing to call or email Kirstin to share feedback or offer assistance?
I hope so – you can email Kirstin using lasttreelaws@ followed by pm.me and cc: me if willing to help.
Overview of proposed MA Legislation
Educational resources on topic
Overview: proposed MA Legislation at Last Tree Laws:
- 2020 – in play now!
- 2020 > 2021 – bills with prior sponsors:
- opting out of smart meters bill (S. 1988, still in play) – Sen. Michael Moore
- state recommendations for school exposures (changes recommended to strengthen) – Rep. Carolyn Dykema
- local control of cellular siting by railroads – Sen. Keenan
- Note – Senator Cyr’s bill on cellphone labeling probably can’t go forward due to a recent federal appeals court decision against labeling.
- 2021 bills – ready as is:
- independent wireless investigation (see 2020 amendment above)
- hard-wire libraries
- set school policy to reduce electromagnetic radiation/wireless
- reduce school screen time, but retaining local control
- 2021 – feedback sought, can be adapted
- make reducing exposures a quality control measure at hospitals (review)
- fund to hard-wire public schools
- educate patients
- ban certain dangerous facilities (review & discussion)
- registering towers – this was cosponsored with me in 2020 by Rep. Gonzalez
- Protect school technological privacy and safety (2 or 3 versions exist, one is listed)
- invest in hard-wiring facilities – this was cosponsored with me in 2020 by Rep. Gonzalez
- 2021 – bills suggested to write (see link for detailed content)
- resolution to reduce wireless
- setting insurance requirements on all cellular infrastructure
- monitoring of wireless levels
- set standard warning label for all manufactured goods (intended to get around prohibition on consumer awareness of cellphone warnings buried in manual)
- accounting transparency of state monies invested in telecommunications (will post version from another state when time)
- General facts
- Disturbing reproductive effects, presentation reviewed by Dr. Paul Heroux
- 71 of 82 studies find wireless harmful to insects likely significant cause of decline; wireless harms & heats bees; research listing of nature’s sensitivity.
- At 35:23, Dr. Devra Devries says a cow brain heated to 140 degrees Fahrenheit from 6 minutes 5G frequency exposure (39 GHz) – study by IEEE life-long fellow.
- Digital technology inordinately draws on energy, increases consumption, and creates pollution and waste.
- Climate change may be substantially influenced by wireless increasing electron precipitation (p.4, section 2).
- Digital technology is hijacking minds, & digital entrepreneurs are unplugging
- Opening of the blood-brain barrier for 2 weeks or more from wireless exposure, Physicians for Safe Technology – note this effect favors meningitis, Alzheimer’s, other nervous system diseases, etc.
- Immune & endocrine system harmed, Physicians for Safe Technology (scroll down page for research)
- Symptoms of exposure & electromagnetic sensitivity, by Dr. Beatrice Golomb (acclaimed research for work with statins, Gulf War illness)
- 5G summary (cataracts, bacterial resistance, etc.) by physician Dr. Cindy Russell
- Regulators steamroll health concerns (Dr. Moskowitz, Washington Spectator)
- World policy or regulations to restrict exposures, Environmental Health Trust